Follow the latest Economic Outlook online with Nordea economists in the Baltics
On 6 September 2016 Nordea will publish the latest Nordea Economic Outlook. The new issue of the publication includes updated economic forecasts and analyses of the Nordic, Baltic and global economies. Follow Nordea Economic Outlook conference online on September 6, 9:00 till 10:00AM (EET), using the registration link goo.gl/ZsqrOc. Read more about the latest economic trends and upcoming Economic Outlooks on nexus.nordea.com.
Nordea’s chief economist in the Baltic countries Zygimantas Mauricas and economists from Estonia Tõnu Palm and Latvia Gints Belevics will present their findings and share their insights about the latest trends of Baltic and global economy.
Topics for the discussion:
- Baltic economies are well positioned for solid and sustainable growth, however this growth path is littered with hurdles;
- Export growth will remain subdued as a response to weak external demand (Brexit, Russia);
- Strong private consumption growth will continue in 2017;
- Public finances are beautiful, but is this a beauty contest in the EU?
- Desynchronized housing market: Estonia – booming, Latvia – stagnating, Lithuania – recovering;
- Investment growth will recover due to higher inflows of EU-funds.
“Baltic States did their homework well and are ready for the period of solid and sustainable growth, but external environment is littered with hurdles, which prevent Baltic States from utilizing their full growth potential,” says Zygimantas Mauricas, Nordea chief economist in the Baltic countries.
The webinar will take place on September 6 starting 9:00 until 10 AM (EET). You are invited to sign up for the webinar, using the registration link goo.gl/ZsqrOc.
Every quarter Nordea Markets present Economic Outlook of the Nordic, Baltic and global trends, economic forecasts and possible risk scenarios.
For further information:
, Head of Communication Baltic countries, Nordea, +371 29 11 61 46,