Nordea starts offering new contactless cards
Following the trends and thinking of a modern product range offer, Nordea bank across the Baltic countries has started offering to its customers the new “Nordea Debit” – contactless payment card.
“Nordea Debit” is payment card with contactless payment function, allowing purchases up to EUR 10 without inserting the card in the terminal or entering a PIN code. In addition, Nordea Debit comes with purchase protection insurance, which ensures also more secured online shopping.
“Today customer satisfaction is defined by convenience and efficiency in every interaction with the bank. Advanced digital solutions and constant improvements in digital area, therefore, play an important role when creating customer experience. I want to thank everyone who has put efforts and contributed in developing Nordea Debit – new generation payment card,” says Laura Poča-Rozenblūma, the Head of Household department in Latvia.
Customers are welcome to apply for the new card already today. When the existing cards expire, customers should inform bank whether they wish to use the regular “Nordea Maestro” payment card or the new “Nordea Debit”.
Main advantages guaranteed by “Nordea Debit”:
- Contactless purchases of up to EUR10 without inserting the payment card into the terminal;
- Purchase insurance for purchases over EUR100 free of charge. Details of purchase insurance options available here;
- Payments on the Internet and in shops with MasterCard logo in Latvia and abroad;
- Possibility to make payments in places where a merchant cannot contact the bank, such as airplanes and ferries;
- Cash withdrawals without commission from Nordea ATMs in the Baltic countries, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Russia as well as from “Citadele” bank ATMs throughout Latvia.
Learn more about new “Nordea Debit” by visiting http://debit.nordea.lv/en!
, Communications Project Manager at Nordea Bank Latvia; phone: 6 700 5434, GSM: 28 452 975, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org