Domestic and Europe EUR payment
Domestic and Europe EUR payments take place in the single EUR payment area which provides a faster and cheaper transfer of funds to the beneficiary.
Choose Domestic and Europe EUR payments for EUR currency transfers to the member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area. The money is transferred within 1 business day.
Domestic and Europe EUR payments are executed also to Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Monaco.
For a list of banks accepting Domestic and Europe EUR payments, click here.
- Payments to any other bank in Latvia or to member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area are performed within 1 working day if the bank confirms the payment electronically before 15.00 or confirmation received at the Customer Service Unit or via telephone bank before 15.00.
- The beneficiary receives the transferred amount in full amount.
- The payer can provide additional information, such as a reference number or information on the payer and the beneficiary.
- Payment in EUR currency only.
- If the payment is settled from a different currency account, the amount will automatically be converted at the exchange rate set by the bank on the day of payment submission.
- Payments to any other bank are executed within 1 business day if the bank has confirmed the payment before 15.30 pm. If the payment is confirmed after 15.30 pm, the amount is transferred to the beneficiary's account on the next business day.
- Payments are executed (transferred to the beneficiary bank) only on business days.
- Payments are accepted only for transfers to the member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area as well as Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Monaco.
- In the payment you should specify the beneficiary’s account in IBAN format and the BIC code of the beneficiary bank.
- Commission fees for Domestic and Europe EUR payments are always covered jointly. The beneficiary bank’s commission fee may be charged from the beneficiary’s account according to the beneficiary bank’s price list.
- As a confirmation of execution you can receive an XML copy of the payment.
- Domestic and Europe EUR payments are affected by the public holidays of Latvia. Payments settled on a holiday are executed the next business day. For additional information see section Currency payments on holidays.
If the payment does not meet the terms of a EUR payments in Europe, it is executed as a currency payment.
* Nordea Bank shall have the right to refuse to execute payment orders from/to accounts of persons/countries on whom/which sanctions are applied on the basis of decisions made by the European Union, the United Nations, other international organizations, the Republic of Latvia or any other country, or the policy of Nordea Bank.