Currency payments are intended to transfer:
- Foreign currency payments to other banks in Latvia and abroad (except for Nordea Bank) as well as payments in EUR currency to countries outside the EU/EEA.
The currency payment execution speed and the commission fee depends on the chosen degree of urgency:
- Standard – within 2 business days if the transfer is performed electronically before 8 pm or during the Customer Service Unit opening hours. Payments in USD currency are executed within 1 business day.
- Urgent — within 1 working day if the transfer is performed electronically before 8 pm or during the Customer Service Unit opening hours.
- Express — on the same day if the payment is submitted before the time indicated in the price list at the Customer Service Unit.
Settled payments are safe and easy to control. Follow the payments in Netbank or receive an account statement at Nordea Customer Service Units.
Commission fee and payment execution speed is more advantageous:
- For Domestic and Europe EUR payments.
- For payments to Nordea Bank Group accounts.
For safety and speed, currency payments are executed using intermediary banks (correspondent banks).
We therefore invite you to take into account that currency payment processing time is affected by the public holidays of Latvia, Finland and the country whose currency the payment is executed in. Payments settled on a holiday are executed the next working day. For additional information see the section “Foreign Currency Payments during Holidays”.
Currency payments can be performed:
In order to settle a currency payment you need an account at Nordea Bank.