CASCO (motor own damage insurance)
All-risk insurance CASCO will compensate any unexpected damage which has been incurred, for example, in the following circumstances:
- Car accident or crash
- Driving into a pothole or falling of objects (trees, icicles, snow, paint from a construction object)
- Car glass damage
- Fire, ignition
- Theft or robbery
- Transportation of the damaged car to a parking-place or repair shop after an accident
- Cost of transportation of the driver or passengers after an accident
- Maintenance, repair, car wash or while on ferry
Nordea customers also receive the following services free of charge:
- Replacement – rental of a small-class car for the period of repair or in case of theft or loss (up to 30 days).
- For new cars (bought in a salon shop) – acquisition of an equivalent new car in case of theft or complete loss for up to 2 years old cars bought from Latvian dealers.
- “If” compensation service, if car damage has been caused by another insurer’s OCTA (compulsory motor third party liability) customer.
- Auxiliary equipment (roof rack, bicycle carrier, child car seat) insurance.
- 24/7 roadside assistance (if it is impossible to start or continue driving).
Drawing up of insurance policies:
The roadside assistance service includes:
- Phone consultation – you will receive professional advice on how to proceed in case of a car accident on a 24/7 basis;
- Roadside service – “If” roadside assistance service will help you while on the road, for example, in case of tyre replacement, delivery of fuel or problems with entering the car because of a broken lock or security system. The services are free of charge, while the cost of fuel delivery or the replaced tyre shall be covered by the customer;
- Transportation – if it is impossible to drive the car due to technical defects or after a car accident, “If” roadside assistance service will transport the car to the nearest repair shop;
- Taxi services – if there is a need to transport the car, the roadside assistance coverage of the CASCO policy provides for free transportation of the driver and passengers with a taxi from the place of occurrence.
Roadside services are provided within the territory envisaged in the respective CASCO policy. The territorial coverage may include Latvia, the Baltics or Europe.