Overdraft is a credit limit authorised by the bank in a particular amount depending on your regular income. Overdraft becomes available after signing the agreement. The customer may use it at his/her own discretion. Interest is charged only on the used amount of the credit limit. When the credit is paid off, the customer may again use the overdraft for everyday spending.
The spent amount of overdraft is covered by every next incoming transaction, for example, salary:
- The bank authorised overdraft in the amount of EUR 500 and you spent EUR 150.
- Then you receive a salary in your bank account in the amount of EUR 700.
- From the incoming funds EUR 150 will be automatically transferred to pay off the overdraft.
- Now the amount available for your daily spending is your salary in the amount of EUR 550 plus the overdraft limit of EUR 500.
- Extra funds within the amount authorised by the bank are available for you at any time.
- You may use the credit limit for any planned or unexpected expenditure.
- After paying it off, the overdraft facility is again available. Interest is charged only on the used amount of the credit limit.
- Overdraft can be withdrawn free of charge in cash from Luminor bank ATMs and from network of ATMs of partner banks.
Apply for Overdraft
- In Luminor Netbank under section Applications – Application for overdraft.
- By calling the Contact Center 67 096 096.
- At any Luminor Customer Service Unit.
Applying in the Netbank or calling the Contact Centre will cost you lower commission fee for processing overdraft application, if compared to submitting the application form at the Customer Service Unit.
- Minimum limit: EUR 150.
- Maximum limit: 2 monthly salaries (up to EUR 12 000).
- Overdraft currency: EUR and USD, if your income is in EUR or USD.
- To qualify for overdraft facility the following criteria are taken into account:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant's monthly income after taxes and payment of other debt liabilities must be at least EUR 450.
- Applicant's credit liabilities at Luminor and other banks, such as leasing, credit card credit limit, consumer credit.
- Applicant must have received the salary in the account at Luminor Bank for at least 3 months.
- Applicant must have a positive credit history.
- Completed application form in Luminor Netbank or at Luminor Customer Service Unit.
- Passport or ID card.
- Account statement or a statement from the State Social Insurance Agency (VSAA) on income in the last 6 months (possibility to order the statement at Luminor Bank).
- Statement is not necessary if your salary is being transferred to your account at Luminor Bank.
- Interest on the outstanding balance is charged every day and shall be paid on the last day of every month.
- Repayment of the overdraft is performed automatically from your account which has the overdraft facility. As soon as the used amount of the credit limit is paid off interest for using a loan is not charged anymore.
- Overdraft repayment consists of a payment of the principal amount and the interest. Interest rate will be set depending on your customer status at the bank.
- Interest is charged only on the outstanding balance.